From the FLPSUG Leader
It’s been a tough few years but I’m trying to keep the momentum going with our user group. Unfortunate, I can’t do it all. But I will not give up because if you all coming over to these meeting with a lot of curiosity and willing to shows to others what you know. And for that I Thank You ALL!!
Let’s keep the show going. And, I promise to improve our newsletter.
I greatly appreciate your participation,
Microsoft MVP – PowerShell
Founder/Group Leader Florida PowerShell User Group: http://www.flpsug.com/
Follow me on Twitter: @MaxTrinidad
Member of: CITGA, UGSS, INETA and CodeZone.
About our User Group meetings
I had been schedule them one(up to two) month ahead of time but sometimes I’m force to do a last minute change because New Horizons location is not always open during the night. So, our April 29th meeting needed to be moved to April 19th. The good news is that I finally got New Horizons evening schedule for this year and it’s going to make it easy to coordinate our future events.
So, it’s my responsibility to prepare a nice schedule for our meeting with the next few weeks.
About User Group Member Benefits
1. I will always try to have at the least some beverages and sometimes pizza will be available. One thing that will help us is to receive some kind of donation so we can eventually have an annual event. But without your help, it won’t be possible.
2. Swags giveaways: Books, devices, and CD’s evaluation. This is only possible Thanks to our sponsors and I will try my best to keep bringing more for raffles during our activities.
3. Book Publishers UG offers. As part of your benefits, I have signed up our user group with O’Reilly UG Program. This is what they offer to all our members:
a. “…Your group members receive a 35% discount on O’Reilly, Microsoft Press, No Starch, PC Publishing, Pragmatic Bookshelf, Rocky Nook, SitePoint, or YoungJin products purchased directly from O’Reilly. And 45% on ebooks…”
b. “…Some of our authors are able to speak at group meetings. Let us know if you are interested we’ll do what we can to help arrange speakers.…”
4. I invite anyone who may want to do a presentation about PowerShell – You are all welcome!
5. Starting to have other speakers to talk about PowerShell.
1. April 15th, I’m doing two half hour sessions: 1. For my company IT group "Working with Get-WMIobject" at 12:00PM and the SQLLunch.com LiveMeeting "SQL Server PowerShell Working w/Databases" at 12:30PM – EST / 11:30AM – CST.
2. April 19 (chg from 23rd), Florida PowerShell UG meeting 6:30PM with special Guest – Microsoft Script Center Ed Wilson via LiveMeeting.
3. SQL Saturday event, July 31st, there will be doing a SQL PowerShell Track.
Don’t forget to visit our sponsors website. Without their support we won’t be doing these events.
Thanks to MICROSOFT, SAPIEN, IDERA, QUEST, O’REILLY
Next FLPSUG Meeting:
April 19th 6:00PM – With special guest, from Microsoft Script Center, Ed Wilson at New Horizons.
You want to become a FLPSUG member? It’s easy. Just email me at:firstname.lastname@example.org
No emails will be shared with any third-party group and you will receive a newsletter from FLPSUG.